Now is a Good Time to Buy a Convertible
If you're thinking about breezy, sun-drenched months in a new convertible, now is the time to buy.
December, January, February, and March are the best months to buy a convertible.
Vehicles like the 2011 Volvo C70, Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder and BMW Z4 should have greater flexibility in pricing since they're the slowest-moving models currently.
The Audi TT, Nissan 370Z and Infiniti G37 may be harder to come by, averaging less than two weeks before finding a buyer - even in winter.
Below is a list of exceptional incentives being offered on convertibles.
- 2010 Chevrolet Corvette: $4,000 cash back; 0% financing for 72 months
- 2010 Ford Mustang: $4,000 cash back; 0% financing for 60 months
- 2010 Lexus IS 250C: $3,000 cash back
- 2010 Infiniti G37: $3,500 cash back; 1.9% financing for 60 months
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class: $4,500 cash back; 0.9% financing for 60 months
- 2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder: $3,000 cash back; 0% financing for 60 months
- 2010 Saab 9-3: $7,000 cash back; 0% financing for 60 months
- 2010 Volvo C70: $6,000 cash back
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar and Edmunds are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips RSS Feed