Biggest Hidden Discounts Available Right Now
Most car buyers are familiar with regular cash-back rebates and financing incentives, but many aren't aware of factory-to-dealer rebates.
These are generally hidden from the public because manufacturers don't want to "cheapen" the car by offering big discounts directly to consumers.
Instead, they give the rebate to the dealer to help them sell the car.
Though dealers can use the cash for many things - TV advertising, tent sales, direct mailings - most of the money is usually given back to customers in the form of price discounts.
Most factory to dealer incentives are used to push slow-selling vehicles, leftover models, or models soon to be discontinued.
These are the best hidden factory-to-dealer incentives we could find for May 2011:
- 2010 Cadillac DTS, STS – $10,000
- 2010 Mercedes CL-Class, S-Class - $10,000
- 2010 Audi A8 - $9,700
- 2010 Cadillac Escalade - $8,000
- 2011 Cadillac DTS, STS - $7,000
- 2010 Audi A6, TTS - $6,000
- 2010 Land Rover Range Rover - $5,000
- 2010 Lincoln MKT, Navigator, Town Car - $5,000
- 2011 Dodge Dakota - $4,500
- 2010 Audi A5 - $4,200
- 2010 Acura RL, ZDX - $4,000
- 2011 Chevrolet Impala, HHR - $4,000
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar, Edmunds, and 1-800 Car Show are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan + is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips RSS Feed