Top 10 Cars That Get Stolen Every Year
Cars that get stolen often tend to have higher insurance rates so it makes sense to pay attention to this if your goal is to save money.
According to LoJack, the Honda Accord, Civic and Toyota Camry were the most stolen and recovered vehicles of 2010.
Older model years are popular targets for car thieves, though LoJack does see a growing segment of thieves targeting newer vehicles.
Popular newer vehicles include the 2007 Camry and Cadillac Escalade.
Southern California, Texas and Florida experience the most larceny.
Electronic vehicle tracking systems, such as LoJack and Onstar, can help improve recovery rates while car alarms and “kill switches” could help prevent theft, too.
Most Stolen and Recovered Vehicles by Make & Model:
1. Honda Accord
2. Honda Civic
3. Toyota Camry
4. Acura Integra
5. Cadillac Escalade
6. Toyota Corolla
7. Ram pickup
8. Nissan Altima
9. Nissan Maxima
10. Chevrolet Tahoe
It's always a good idea to get competitive insurance rates every 12 months. Many people find they can save a few hundred dollars simply by switching to a new provider. Use this pull-down menu to compare auto insurance rates in your state.
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Jun 01, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Jun 01, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Jun 01, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Jun 01, 2023
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023