The Most Fuel-Efficient Sedans for 2011
Here are the 8 most fuel-efficient choices on the market right now.
Hybrids dominate, obviously, with sedans like the Honda Civic Hybrid and the new Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.
Ford's three platform-sharing models — the Fusion Hybrid, the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and the Mercury Milan Hybrid, also make the list.
Why no Toyota Prius? Because its rear hatch disqualifies it from being labeled a sedan; look for it to make an appearance on the "Top 10 Most Fuel-Efficient Hatchbacks and Wagons" list.
As for non-hybrids? Check out the newly redesigned Hyundai Elantra, along with the diesel-powered Volkswagen Jetta.
- Honda Civic Hybrid - 40 city/43 highway
- Ford Fusion Hybrid - 41 city/36 highway (tie)
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - 41 city/36 highway (tie)
- Mercury Milan Hybrid - 41 city/36 highway (tie)
- Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - 30 city/42 highway
- Nissan Altima Hybrid - 33 city/33 highway
- Toyota Camry Hybrid - 31 city/35 highway
- Hyundai Elantra - 29 city/40 highway
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar No-Haggle, CarsDirect, and NADAGuides are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid