The Most Fuel-Efficient Sedans for 2011
Here are the 8 most fuel-efficient choices on the market right now.
Hybrids dominate, obviously, with sedans like the Honda Civic Hybrid and the new Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.
Ford's three platform-sharing models — the Fusion Hybrid, the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and the Mercury Milan Hybrid, also make the list.
Why no Toyota Prius? Because its rear hatch disqualifies it from being labeled a sedan; look for it to make an appearance on the "Top 10 Most Fuel-Efficient Hatchbacks and Wagons" list.
As for non-hybrids? Check out the newly redesigned Hyundai Elantra, along with the diesel-powered Volkswagen Jetta.
- Honda Civic Hybrid - 40 city/43 highway
- Ford Fusion Hybrid - 41 city/36 highway (tie)
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - 41 city/36 highway (tie)
- Mercury Milan Hybrid - 41 city/36 highway (tie)
- Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - 30 city/42 highway
- Nissan Altima Hybrid - 33 city/33 highway
- Toyota Camry Hybrid - 31 city/35 highway
- Hyundai Elantra - 29 city/40 highway
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid