Which Dealer Add-Ons Should You Buy?
These items will be shown to you by the finance (or business) manager after you've agreed to purchase the vehicle.
Many dealers make a good portion of their profit selling these add-ons (such as extended warranties, service plans, gap insurance, and paint/fabric protection).
There are only a few add-ons that you should consider purchasing - all the rest are pretty much useless.
The ones worth considering are:
- Extended Warranties
- GAP Insurance
The following may be worthwhile for some, but not most:
- Pre-paid Maintenance Plans
- Wheel Protection
- Low-Jack Anti-theft device
- Paint Protection
- Fabric Protection
- Window Etching
- Car Alarms
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid