Least Expensive Cars to Insure
When selecting a vehicle, there are so many things to consider -- price, fuel economy, safety ratings, how the vehicle handles. Because of all that goes into making a decision, sometimes it's easy to forget about other aspects of car ownership, such as needing to have your car insured. Some cars can be way more costly than their competition.
Insure.com recently released their list of the most and least expensive vehicles to insure in 2017 based on the average auto insurance rates for 2017 models from six large insurance carriers. The Honda Odyssey LX was once again named the least expensive vehicle to insure, followed by the Jeep Renegade Sport and Jeep Wrangler Black Bear. And on the most expensive list, the Mercedes AMG GT, Dodge GT Viper, Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG made up the top three.
If you're considering any of these vehicles, I recommend using TrueCar No Haggle and Edmunds Price Promise to see the lowest prices being offered in your area.
Least Expensive to Insure
- Honda Odyssey LX ($1,112)
- Jeep Renegade Sport ($1,138)
- Jeep Wrangler Black Bear ($1,148)
- Honda CR-V LX ($1,170)
- Jeep Compass ($1,183)
- Subaru Outback 2.5i ($1,187)
- Jeep Cherokee Sport ($1,188)
- (tie) Buick Encore ($1,190)
- (tie) Jeep Patriot Sport ($1,190)
- Subaru Forester 2.5i ($1,196)
Most Expensive to Insure
- Mercedes-AMG S65 convertible ($3,835)
- Dodge Viper GTS ($3,779)
- Mercedes-AMG S63 convertible ($3,624)
- Maserati Quattroporte GTS ($3,547)
- Mercedes-Benz S550 convertible ($3,502)
- Mercedes-AMG C43 convertible ($3,418)
- Mercedes-Maybach S600 ($3,355)
- Mercedes-AMG SL65 ($3,322)
- Nissan GT-R NISMO ($3,313)
- Audi R8 5.2 V10 ($3,267)
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar, Edmunds, and 1-800 Car Show are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan + is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips RSS Feed