Now is a Good Time to Buy a Convertible
December, January, February, and March are the best months to buy a convertible.
Vehicles like the 2011 Volvo C70, Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder and BMW Z4 should have greater flexibility in pricing since they're the slowest-moving models currently.
The Audi TT, Nissan 370Z and Infiniti G37 may be harder to come by, averaging less than two weeks before finding a buyer - even in winter.
Below is a list of exceptional incentives being offered on convertibles.
- 2010 Chevrolet Corvette: $4,000 cash back; 0% financing for 72 months
- 2010 Ford Mustang: $4,000 cash back; 0% financing for 60 months
- 2010 Lexus IS 250C: $3,000 cash back
- 2010 Infiniti G37: $3,500 cash back; 1.9% financing for 60 months
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class: $4,500 cash back; 0.9% financing for 60 months
- 2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder: $3,000 cash back; 0% financing for 60 months
- 2010 Saab 9-3: $7,000 cash back; 0% financing for 60 months
- 2010 Volvo C70: $6,000 cash back
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid