Toyota Offering $1,000 Twitter Incentive
Toyota is offering a special "Twitter Incentive" called Shareathon. If you buy a Toyota vehicle and tweet about it on your Twitter account, they will send you a $500 prepaid debit card.
For every friend who retweets the message within 48 hours, Toyota will add $50 to the card. There is a limit of 10 retweets allowed which would bring the total on the debit card to $1,000.
This is free cash folks! It doesn't matter what kind of deal you negotiated or what kind of incentives you already received on the vehicle - the Shareathon debit card is on top of all that.
Here are the steps you need to take to get the extra money:
- You must first register online at Toyota.com/shareaton by December 21st.
- Only the first 140 people who register each day starting at 11 AM EST will qualify. If there are no spots left today, try again the next day (but keep in mind December 21 is the last day you can register - set a reminder for 11 AM)
- Next, you must purchase a Toyota by January 3, 2012
- Tweet about the purchase through the Toyota Shareaton site
- Ask your friends to retweet the message within 48 hours
There you have it, you just saved an additional $500 and possibly up to $1,000.
If you're not familiar with Twitter, don't worry - it's easy and free to use. Just visit Twitter.com to sign up.
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar No-Haggle, CarsDirect, and NADAGuides are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid