Mercedes Offering Special Incentives Up to $5,000
But it gets even better. Mercedes and BMW are in a very tight sales race, with Mercedes leading BMW by only 5,221 sales so far this year (BMW won the sales crown last year).
A memo to Mercedes dealers was recently leaked, showing that Mercedes is offering special discounts of up to $5,000 on the 2012 GL-Class SUV, $750 on the C-Class, $2,250 for the E-Class, $3,000 for the GLK-Class and $3,275 for the S-Class (including the 2013 model). But there's one catch: these discounts are only being offered to "VIP customers". It's not clear what constitutes a VIP customer, but Mercedes is leaving that up to the discretion of the dealership's general manager - which means you should be able to snag these discounts if you contact enough dealers (tip: Use the RydeShopper to find the best deals).
In addtion to the cash incentives, Mercedes is also offering a five-payment lease pull-ahead promotion which lets current Mercedes owners skip five payments if they buy or lease any 2012 or 2013 Mercedes through MB Financial Services.
All in all, it's a great time to be shopping for a luxury brand vehicle right now. The manufacturers are very motivated to sell out the remaining leftover models, and try to win the sales race this year.
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Jun 01, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Jun 01, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Jun 01, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Jun 01, 2023
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023