Compact SUVS With the Best Gas Mileage
When you think of "fuel efficiency", the first vehicle to come to mind is not generally an SUV. However, not all SUVs get bad gas mileage.
Cars.com put together a list of the top subcompact SUVs you can purchase today that also give you a lot of bang for your fuel buck. At the top of the list is the Honda HR-V, which gets a 28 city MPG, 35 highway MPG, and overall MPG of 31. Coming in second is the Mazda CX-3, with 29/35/31 MPG.
If you're considering any of these fuel efficient SUVs, make sure to use TrueCar No Haggle, CarsDirect and NADAGuides to get the best deal on any of these vehicles.
|3||Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid||30||34||31|
Alphabetical List of SUVs with MPG
- Audi Q3: 20/29/23 (premium)
- BMW X1: 22/32/26 (premium)
- Buick Encore: 28/34/30 (regular)
- Chevrolet Trax: 26/34/29 (regular)
- Fiat 500X: 25/34/28 (regular)
- Honda HR-V: 28/35/31 (regular)
- Jeep Renegade: 24/31/27 (regular)
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque: 21/30/24 (premium)
- Mazda CX-3: 29/35/31 (regular)
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GLA45: 23/29/25 (premium)
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class: 25/35/29 (premium)
- Mini Countryman: 27/32/29 (premium)
- Mini Paceman: 27/32/29 (premium)
- Nissan Juke: 28/34/30 (premium)
- Subaru Crosstrek: 26/34/29 (regular)
- Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid: 30/34/31 (regular)
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar No-Haggle, CarsDirect, and NADAGuides are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid