Best and Worst Cars to Negotiate in March
The longer it takes a car to sell, the more likely it is you can get a better deal on it.
The average new car sits on a dealer lot for 47 days before it's sold - so anything that takes longer than this has the potential to offer some great deals.
For cars that sell quickly, such as the 2011 BMW X3 (9 days), don't expect to get much of a discount off the MSRP.
You'll need to wait several months for supply to catch up to demand if you're wanting a good deal on the fast sellers.
Best Cars to Negotiate in March
- 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder: 169 days
- 2011 Infiniti M56: 146 days
- 2011 BMW Z4: 137 days
- 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid: 132 days
- 2011 Jaguar XKR convertible: 132 days
- 2011 Nissan Versa sedan: 119 days
- 2011 BMW 335d: 108 days
- 2011 Mazda2: 105 days
- 2011 Infiniti M37: 101 days
- 2011 BMW 335is: 100 days
- 2011 Nissan Versa: 98 days
- 2011 BMW X3: 9 days
- 2011 Dodge Charger: 11 days
- 2011 Ford Explorer: 11 days
- 2011 Audi Q5: 12 days
- 2012 Volvo S60: 12 days
- 2011 Dodge Challenger: 13 days
- 2011 Chevy Equinox: 14 days
- 2011 Mini Countryman: 14 days
- 2011 BMW 535xi GT: 15 days
- 2011 BMW X5: 15 days
- 2011 Hyundai Elantra: 16 days
- 2011 Dodge Durango: 17 days
- 2011 GMC Terrain: 17 days
- 2011 Honda Odyssey: 17 days
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne: 17 days
- 2011 Nissan Juke: 18 days
- 2012 Mazda 5: 18 days
- 2011 Audi Q7: 19 days
- 2011 Chrysler 200: 19 days
- 2011 Lexus RX 450h: 19 days
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar, Edmunds, and 1-800 Car Show are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
New York Tri-State Residents - Important:There is a new car leasing service called Carvoy, available to NY tri-state area residents, which I recommend you try - especially if you hate the stress of haggling with car dealerships. Carvoy provides pre-negotiated lease deals, calculated with taxes and all fees incuded so you know exactly what it will cost. Here is my list of Best Carvoy deals, updated each month.
- Gregg Fidan
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan + is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips RSS Feed