Best and Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
It's become harder to negotiate a great car deal lately due to higher demand coupled with low supply.
It took an average of 48 days to sell a new car last month - the industry norm is usually around 60 days.
The 2012 BMW X5 sped off the sales floor in an average of only 4 days, taking the top spot for the worst car to negotiate right now.
The list of hardest cars to negotiate include luxury vehicles, gas-friendly cars and a few models that had significant makeovers.
If you're interested in one of these vehicles, it's best to wait a few months for supply to catch up with demand - it could save you thousands of dollars.
Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2012 BMW X5: 4 days
- 2012 Ford Focus: 7 days
- 2012 Honda Civic: 7 days
- 2011 Hyundai Elantra: 7 days
- 2011 Ford Explorer: 9 days
- 2011 Lexus CT 200h: 9 days
- 2011 Audi Q5: 11 days
- 2011 Chrysler 300: 11 days
- 2011 BMW X3: 12 days
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne: 12 days
- 2011 Audi Q7: 14 days
- 2011 Chevrolet Camaro convertible: 14 days
- 2011 Audi A5: 15 days
- 2012 Volvo S60: 17 days
- 2011 Mini Countryman: 17 days
- 2012 Acura TL: 18 days
- 2012 Ford Mustang coupe: 18 days
- 2011 Lexus RX 450h: 18 days
- 2011 BMW Z4: 154 days
- 2011 Jaguar XKR: 146 days
- 2011 Jaguar XF Supercharged: 136 days
- 2011 Cadillac STS: 135 days
- 2011 Nissan Versa sedan: 128 days
- 2011 Jaguar XK: 128 days
- 2011 Toyota Yaris sedan: 128 days
- 2011 Mazda2: 126 days
- 2011 Hyundai Accent hatchback: 120 days
- 2011 Hyundai Azera: 119 days
- 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback: 110 days
- 2011 BMW 128i convertible: 106 days
- 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid: 105 days
- 2011 BMW 335is convertible: 102 days
- 2011 Saab 9-5: 101 days
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar, Edmunds, and 1-800 Car Show are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan + is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips RSS Feed