Car Buyer's Paradise Right Now
With all the turmoil going on in the autmotive industry, now is a great time to be a new car buyer. Here is a partial list of things that are contributing to a car buyer's paradise:
- Chrysler shutting 789 dealerships by June 9th (clearance sales)
- GM shutting down 42% of dealers by end of 2010
- Car Sales down nearly 40% compared to last year
- Huge leftover inventory of 2008 and 2009 models
- Huge Incentives
- Sales tax deduction for new car buyers
- Cash for Guzzlers bill looks likely to pass, giving car buyers up to $4,500 credit
Now is truly a great time to buy a new car. If you want to see the exact rebates and incentives being offered in your area (rebates vary drastically by region), our advice is to start out with a price quote. Fill the form out indicating the make and model you're interested in and a dealer will usually get back to you within 24 hours with bottom-line price along with rebates and incentives.
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar, Edmunds, and 1-800 Car Show are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
California Residents - Important:There is a new online car buying service called Roadster, available only to California residents, which I highly recommend you try - especially if you hate the stress of haggling with a car salesman. They provide an expert concierge who negotiates the price of the car and delivers it to your home with zero hassle - you never have to interact with a dealership. Here is my in-depth review of Roadster and why I recommend it.
- Gregg Fidan
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan + is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips RSS Feed