Best and Worst Cars to Negotiate in March
The average new car sits on a dealer lot for 47 days before it's sold - so anything that takes longer than this has the potential to offer some great deals.
For cars that sell quickly, such as the 2011 BMW X3 (9 days), don't expect to get much of a discount off the MSRP.
You'll need to wait several months for supply to catch up to demand if you're wanting a good deal on the fast sellers.
Best Cars to Negotiate in March
- 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder: 169 days
- 2011 Infiniti M56: 146 days
- 2011 BMW Z4: 137 days
- 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid: 132 days
- 2011 Jaguar XKR convertible: 132 days
- 2011 Nissan Versa sedan: 119 days
- 2011 BMW 335d: 108 days
- 2011 Mazda2: 105 days
- 2011 Infiniti M37: 101 days
- 2011 BMW 335is: 100 days
- 2011 Nissan Versa: 98 days
- 2011 BMW X3: 9 days
- 2011 Dodge Charger: 11 days
- 2011 Ford Explorer: 11 days
- 2011 Audi Q5: 12 days
- 2012 Volvo S60: 12 days
- 2011 Dodge Challenger: 13 days
- 2011 Chevy Equinox: 14 days
- 2011 Mini Countryman: 14 days
- 2011 BMW 535xi GT: 15 days
- 2011 BMW X5: 15 days
- 2011 Hyundai Elantra: 16 days
- 2011 Dodge Durango: 17 days
- 2011 GMC Terrain: 17 days
- 2011 Honda Odyssey: 17 days
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne: 17 days
- 2011 Nissan Juke: 18 days
- 2012 Mazda 5: 18 days
- 2011 Audi Q7: 19 days
- 2011 Chrysler 200: 19 days
- 2011 Lexus RX 450h: 19 days
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid