Largest Hidden Dealer Rebates
Hidden rebates, also known as "dealer cash", are rebates given to dealers by the manufacturer whenever they sell or lease a certain model. They're very similar to customer
cash-back rebates, but instead of YOU getting the rebate, the dealer gets to keep it - all while remaining hidden from the car buyer.
The purpose of hidden dealer rebates is to help vehicles sell or lease faster without the stigma of large discounts. In theory, dealers will pass the hidden bonus to consumers through a lower purchase price, but if you don't take the time to comparison shop multiple dealers, you may never get the discount.
Hidden rebates are difficult to figure out because they're not published anywhere - only dealers know about them. However, I've been doing a lot of data analysis on incentives and pricing, and by combining a few of my data sources, I think I may have uncovered some of these hidden incentives - I've done my best to be as accurate as possible, but....
Please note this information is highly experimental and may be inaccurate, or may not be available in your region. Furthermore, some of these hidden rebates may only be available if you lease the vehicle versus buying it. This should not be considered a comprehensive list - there are probably models that offer hidden rebates which are not listed here, and models listed here with hidden rebates only available in very select regions.
What these hidden rebates suggest is that you may be able to negotiate the hidden rebate amount off MSRP as a minimum, and perhaps be able to negotiate the full hidden rebate off Invoice Price (again, some of these hidden rebates may only be available if you lease).
As always, I recommend using TrueCar No Haggle and CarsDirect to quickly see what kind of deals you can get on these vehicles in your region.
Largest Potential Hidden Rebates Right Now
|Rank||Vehicle||MSRP||Hidden Rebate (Estimated)|
|1||2023 BMW 8 Series||$90,295||$2,700|
|2||2022 BMW 7 Series||$89,495||$2,700|
|3||2022 Kia Sorento||$46,485||$2,700|
|4||2022 Acura MDX||$59,595||$2,200|
|5||2022 Toyota Avalon||$39,109||$2,100|
|6||2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime||$44,867||$2,000|
|7||2022 Honda Pilot||$42,755||$1,900|
|8||2022 Toyota Highlander||$41,382||$1,600|
|9||2022 Toyota Corolla||$26,311||$1,400|
|10||2022 Toyota Sienna||$38,945||$1,300|
|11||2022 Toyota RAV4||$29,859||$1,200|
|12||2022 BMW 5 Series||$59,545||$1,200|
|13||2023 BMW 3 Series||$58,745||$1,200|
|14||2022 BMW 3 Series||$57,445||$1,200|
|15||2022 Toyota Camry||$28,439||$1,200|
|16||2022 Toyota Venza||$34,875||$1,000|
|17||2023 BMW 4 Series||$51,270||$1,000|
|18||2022 BMW 4 Series||$50,345||$1,000|
|19||2022 BMW 2 Series||$50,795||$1,000|
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now Mar 23, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates Mar 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Mar 23, 2023
- Which Cars Better to Lease or Buy Mar 23, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals Mar 16, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory Mar 16, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars Mar 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs Mar 16, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals March 2023 Mar 09, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs Mar 09, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Mar 02, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Mar 02, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs Feb 23, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Feb 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks Feb 09, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Feb 02, 2023