Tips on Lowering Your Auto Insurance Rates
March 3, 2011
Many drivers have had the same car insurance policy for many years and not given it much thought.
But there's a lot of things that change over the years which could result in lower payments.
Here are scenarios that might save you money on auto insurance. If any of these apply to you, it's worth calling your insurance provider and asking for updated rates - it could end up saving you a decent amount of money.
- You bought a home - Insurance companies offer lower premiums if you purchase auto and homeowners insurance together.
- You're working from home - Insurance companies charge partly according to how far you drive to a job every day. If you're working from home, your premiums are likely to go down.
- You are a safe driver - Check to see if your insurance company is up to date on your driving record. The longer you go without an accident, the better.
- Your child has left the nest - If you have a child in college more than 100 miles away, you can take him or her off your car insurance policy. (But they can't drive your car when home to visit.)
- Shop around - Get at least three insurance quotes to see if you can get a better rate.
Get My Free Weekly Advice on Car Buying
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
Why I Recommend CarWoo as the #1 Tool for New Car Shoppers
is hands down the best car buying tool I've tested so far. I recommend it not only to my readers, but to friends and family because it saves time and hassle while getting you a great deal (plus it's free). It should be the first step you take when negotiating car prices. You should follow that up with my checklist
to make sure you get the best possible deal.
- Gregg Fidan
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan +
is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Recent Tips, News, & Incentives
June 20, 2013
June 13, 2013
June 6, 2013
May 30, 2013
May 23, 2013
May 16, 2013
May 9, 2013
May 2, 2013
April 25, 2013
April 18, 2013
I welcome your car buying questions. Email Me and I'll be glad to answer them!