The Best Overall Vehicle in Each Category
March 1, 2012
Consumer Reports has selected their Top Picks of the best all-around models in ten different categories for 2012. These models were selected based on their overall reliability, road test scores, and safety.
Consumer Reports tested more than 275 vehicles and compiled vehicle reliability reports of 1.3 million subscribers from their most recent survey.
Toyota earned half of the top 10 spots. The last time one manufacturer took so many top spots was when Honda achieved the feat back in 2003. Ironically, Honda didn't even have one winner this year, which goes to show how far they've fallen.
Here are the top picks for 2012:
- Family sedan: Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Sporty car: Ford Mustang
- Small SUV: Toyota RAV4
- Affordable family sedan: Hyundai Sonata
- Family hauler: Toyota Sienna V6
- Sports sedan: Infiniti G
- Green car: Toyota Prius
- Small car: Subaru Impreza
- Pickup truck: Chevrolet Avalanche
- Family SUV: Toyota Highlander