Toyota Incentives Should Remain High for Months
Now analyst believe Toyota may have to keep incentives high until at least end of summer and quite possibly until the end of the year. If they don't, Toyota risks a sales meltdown again.
Starting March 1st, Toyota began offering 0% financing, low-rate lease deals, and cash rebates on certain models. Sales have reportedly increased as much as 70% compared to last month.
Now Toyota is in a tough spot. Historically, they've done well without the need for incentives, but consumers are now expecting it. The longer they keep incentives high, the more damage will be done to the brand and to its resale values.
Generally, this is good news for car buyers (especially if you intend to keep the car for more than 5 years).
Toyota has been forced to offer large incentives on its 2010 vehicles, but when the 2011 models come out, Toyota will likely try to ween consumers off the spiffs. In the meantime, you should have several months to get a great deal on Toyota vehicles. It's an opportunity that doesn't come along very often.
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Jun 01, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Jun 01, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Jun 01, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Jun 01, 2023
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023