Lexus May Offer Better Deals to Keep Sales High
With Toyota's recent high-profile recalls, Lexus sales have slipped -- and several other companies are vying to be number one in the luxury car sector.
Bloomberg reports, "After 10 years on top in the U.S., Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus risks relinquishing its best-seller status among luxury brands to Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz."
The reasons include problems with fuel leaks, engines that may stall, and roll over risk. This in addition to Toyota's 8 million vehicles recalled for defects linked to unintended acceleration.
So far in 2010, Lexus has sold 107,430 cars in the U.S. -- compared to 106,972 vehicles by its next biggest rival, Mercedes-Benz. And BMW isn't far behind with 100,632 cars sold in the U.S. through June, 2010.
Unless it cleans up its act quickly and convinces customers that its quality problems are over, Toyota's Lexus could fall behind both German brands.
This is all good news if you're planning on buying a luxury vehicle. The competition is fierce and we can expect to see some great deals being offered through the end of the year.
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Jun 01, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Jun 01, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Jun 01, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Jun 01, 2023
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023