Biggest Hidden Discounts Available Right Now
These are generally hidden from the public because manufacturers don't want to "cheapen" the car by offering big discounts directly to consumers.
Instead, they give the rebate to the dealer to help them sell the car.
Though dealers can use the cash for many things - TV advertising, tent sales, direct mailings - most of the money is usually given back to customers in the form of price discounts.
Most factory to dealer incentives are used to push slow-selling vehicles, leftover models, or models soon to be discontinued.
These are the best hidden factory-to-dealer incentives we could find for May 2011:
- 2010 Cadillac DTS, STS – $10,000
- 2010 Mercedes CL-Class, S-Class - $10,000
- 2010 Audi A8 - $9,700
- 2010 Cadillac Escalade - $8,000
- 2011 Cadillac DTS, STS - $7,000
- 2010 Audi A6, TTS - $6,000
- 2010 Land Rover Range Rover - $5,000
- 2010 Lincoln MKT, Navigator, Town Car - $5,000
- 2011 Dodge Dakota - $4,500
- 2010 Audi A5 - $4,200
- 2010 Acura RL, ZDX - $4,000
- 2011 Chevrolet Impala, HHR - $4,000
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid