Best and Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
With the New Year, plenty of new models are hitting the streets, and they’re selling fast.
Eleven of the top 21 fastest-selling cars last month were either significantly redesigned or brand-new models, which means it might be harder to find the exact model you’re looking for.
The average number of days it took to sell a new 2011 or 2012 was 40 days in January, up slightly from December’s 35 days.
The longer it takes to sell a car, the better it is for negotiation.
The poor performers in January were largely convertibles and high-performance cars that don’t sell well during frigid winter months.
Of course, that also means it's the perfect time to shop for these cars before the weather turns, especially if you have a garage.
Best Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2011 Volvo C70: 133 days
- 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder: 128 days
- 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid: 125 days
- 2011 BMW Z4: 107 days
- 2011 Audi TTS coupe: 107 days
- 2011 BMW 335is convertible: 105 days
- 2011 Mazda 3 sedan: 70 days
- 2011 Infiniti M37: 70 days
Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2011 Dodge Durango: 9 days
- 2011 BMW X3: 10 days
- 2011 Chrysler 200: 10 days
- 2011 Ford Explorer: 10 days
- 2011 Jeep Compass: 12 days
- 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser: 12 days
- 2011 Honda Fit: 16 days
- 2011 Hyundai Elantra: 16 days
- 2011 Nissan Juke: 16 days
- 2011 Chevy Equinox: 17 days
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne: 17 days
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar and Edmunds are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan + is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips RSS Feed