GM and Chrysler to Dump 3,400 Dealerships: Prices Will Drop
Chrysler will terminate 789 dealerships by June 9th (roughly 25% of their total) while GM wants to shut down a whopping 42% of their dealerships by the end of 2010.
In the long run, this will allow surviving dealerships to raise prices since there will be less competition, but in the short term, there are some screaming deals to be had, especially for Chrysler vehicles. Chrysler dealers have to get rid of their inventory by June 9th, and you can be sure they'll be offering some incredible deals.
Chrysler has released a list of dealerships that will be shutting. Here's a couple of great Google Maps showing which dealers are going to be shut down in your area. Make sure to contact these dealers to see what kind of prices they're willing to offer.
If you're looking to buy a Chrysler or GM, now is a screaming opportunity to get a great deal.
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Jun 01, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Jun 01, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Jun 01, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Jun 01, 2023
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023