Ford and GM May Offer Better Lease Deals Soon
The survey found that slightly more Americans now think the United States makes better-quality vehicles than their Asian counterparts. This is in stark contrast to a similar survey conducted in 2006 which found the opposite result.
Many attribute the results to the recent recall and safety issues experienced by Toyota and Honda owners. In the same period, Ford and GM have seen strong sales and received high marks for quality and satisfaction.
As more and more car shoppers perceive the higher quality of Ford and GM vehicles, their residual values start to rise. This has already begun, with some late-model used vehicles rising in price by up to 10%.
When residual values rise, car manufacturers can start offering better lease deals. We're likely to see these better lease deals as early as this fall for Ford and GM vehicles. If you're considering buying one of these vehicles and you don't mind waiting, your best chance to land a great deal will be near the end of summer when the new model year vehicles start rolling in.
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Jun 01, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Jun 01, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Jun 01, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Jun 01, 2023
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023