Best and Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
Eleven of the top 21 fastest-selling cars last month were either significantly redesigned or brand-new models, which means it might be harder to find the exact model you’re looking for.
The average number of days it took to sell a new 2011 or 2012 was 40 days in January, up slightly from December’s 35 days.
The longer it takes to sell a car, the better it is for negotiation.
The poor performers in January were largely convertibles and high-performance cars that don’t sell well during frigid winter months.
Of course, that also means it's the perfect time to shop for these cars before the weather turns, especially if you have a garage.
Best Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2011 Volvo C70: 133 days
- 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder: 128 days
- 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid: 125 days
- 2011 BMW Z4: 107 days
- 2011 Audi TTS coupe: 107 days
- 2011 BMW 335is convertible: 105 days
- 2011 Mazda 3 sedan: 70 days
- 2011 Infiniti M37: 70 days
Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2011 Dodge Durango: 9 days
- 2011 BMW X3: 10 days
- 2011 Chrysler 200: 10 days
- 2011 Ford Explorer: 10 days
- 2011 Jeep Compass: 12 days
- 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser: 12 days
- 2011 Honda Fit: 16 days
- 2011 Hyundai Elantra: 16 days
- 2011 Nissan Juke: 16 days
- 2011 Chevy Equinox: 17 days
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne: 17 days
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid