Best and Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
Eleven of the top 21 fastest-selling cars last month were either significantly redesigned or brand-new models, which means it might be harder to find the exact model you’re looking for.
The average number of days it took to sell a new 2011 or 2012 was 40 days in January, up slightly from December’s 35 days.
The longer it takes to sell a car, the better it is for negotiation.
The poor performers in January were largely convertibles and high-performance cars that don’t sell well during frigid winter months.
Of course, that also means it's the perfect time to shop for these cars before the weather turns, especially if you have a garage.
Best Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2011 Volvo C70: 133 days
- 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder: 128 days
- 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid: 125 days
- 2011 BMW Z4: 107 days
- 2011 Audi TTS coupe: 107 days
- 2011 BMW 335is convertible: 105 days
- 2011 Mazda 3 sedan: 70 days
- 2011 Infiniti M37: 70 days
Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2011 Dodge Durango: 9 days
- 2011 BMW X3: 10 days
- 2011 Chrysler 200: 10 days
- 2011 Ford Explorer: 10 days
- 2011 Jeep Compass: 12 days
- 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser: 12 days
- 2011 Honda Fit: 16 days
- 2011 Hyundai Elantra: 16 days
- 2011 Nissan Juke: 16 days
- 2011 Chevy Equinox: 17 days
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne: 17 days
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Apr 27, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Apr 27, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Apr 20, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Apr 20, 2023
- Which Cars Better to Lease or Buy Apr 20, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Apr 20, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Apr 06, 2023