Best and Worst Cars to Negotiate in August
This means you can't go after the hottest sellers. When demand outpaces supply, dealers will not budge much on price.
This has been the case with Hyundai vehicles over the past few months.
The 2012 Elantra is still one of the fastest-sellers, blazing off lots in only six days.
In fact, all of Hyundai's models are fast-sellers: The 2012 Sonata and Tucson (6 days). The 2012 Hyundai Accent sedan (10 days) and hatchback (7 days).
Although you won't have a lot of negotiating room on these cars, there's a reason Hyundais have been selling well - they price their cars considerably lower than the competition and load them with more standard options.
On the other side of the coin are those cars that aren't selling well right now, such as the 2011 Mercedes-Benz S400 Hybrid (159 days) and the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid (150 days).
If these cars suit your taste, you're in luck since you should be able to negotiate some great prices.
Here is a list of the best and worst cars to negotiate right now based on price flexibility. The numbers in parenthesis refer to the average number of days it takes to sell:
Worst Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2012 Scion xB: 4 days
- 2012 Hyundai Elantra: 6 days
- 2012 Hyundai Sonata: 6 days
- 2012 Hyundai Tucson: 6 days
- 2012 Porsche Cayenne: 6 days
- 2011 Lexus CT 200h: 6 days
- 2012 Audi Q5: 7 days
- 2012 Hyundai Accent hatchback: 7 days
- 2011 Toyota Prius: 7 days
- 2012 Kia Sportage: 9 days
- 2012 Audi A4: 10 days
- 2012 Hyundai Accent sedan: 10 days
Best Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2011 Jaguar XF Supercharged: 228 days
- 2011 Hyundai Azera: 228 days
- 2011 Jaguar XK coupe: 188 days
- 2011 Mazda RX-8: 169 days
- 2011 Toyota Yaris sedan: 165 days
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz S400 Hybrid: 159 days
- 2011 Jaguar XKR: 154 days
- 2011 Nissan Versa: 150 days
- 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid: 150 days
- 2011 Mazda Tribute: 143 days
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid