The Best Overall Vehicle in Each Category
Consumer Reports tested more than 275 vehicles and compiled vehicle reliability reports of 1.3 million subscribers from their most recent survey.
Toyota earned half of the top 10 spots. The last time one manufacturer took so many top spots was when Honda achieved the feat back in 2003. Ironically, Honda didn't even have one winner this year, which goes to show how far they've fallen.
Here are the top picks for 2012:
- Family sedan: Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Sporty car: Ford Mustang
- Small SUV: Toyota RAV4
- Affordable family sedan: Hyundai Sonata
- Family hauler: Toyota Sienna V6
- Sports sedan: Infiniti G
- Green car: Toyota Prius
- Small car: Subaru Impreza
- Pickup truck: Chevrolet Avalanche
- Family SUV: Toyota Highlander
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar No-Haggle, CarsDirect, and Ryde Shopper are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid