Cars With Most and Least Fatalities
Safety is a huge concern when it comes to cars - we all want vehicles that will protect us during an accident. Personally, my preference is to own a small vehicle, but as statistics show, smaller vehicles have much higher death rates during an accident, so I personally choose to drive a larger vehicle.
This week, Forbes compiled a list of cars from the 2014 model year that had the most and least passenger fatalities. As expected, larger vehicles had less fatalities, and the list of most fatalities was made up almost entirely of sub-compact vehicles.
If you're considering a sub-compact vehicle, this is something you need to take into account unfortunately.
Cars With Zero Fatalities
|2014 Audi A6||0|
|2014 Audi A7||0|
|2014 BMW 5 Series||0|
|2014 Jeep Cherokee||0|
|2014 Lexus CT 200h||0|
|2014 Lexus RX 350||0|
|2014 Mazda CX-9||0|
|2014 Mercedes M-Class||0|
|2014 Volkswagen Tiguan||0|
Cars With Most Fatalities
|2014 Hyundai Accent||104|
|2014 Kia Rio||102|
|2014 Scion tC||101|
|2014 Chevrolet Spark||96|
|2014 Nissan Versa||83|
|2014 Kia Soul||82|
|2014 Dodge Challenger||81|
|2014 Nissan Titan Crew Cab||73|
|2014 Nissan Sentra||72|
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now Mar 23, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates Mar 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Mar 23, 2023
- Which Cars Better to Lease or Buy Mar 23, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals Mar 16, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory Mar 16, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars Mar 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs Mar 16, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals March 2023 Mar 09, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs Mar 09, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Mar 02, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Mar 02, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs Feb 23, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Feb 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks Feb 09, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Feb 02, 2023