Class Action Lawsuit on Lease Inspection Fees
Last year, I wrote an article about how dealers were price gouging on lease inspection fees. Basically, some States such as California and Arizona require an inspection when you purchase your vehicle at end of lease. The problem being there is no set price on this inspection, and with used car prices at record highs, dealers have begun price gouging this fee - charging upwards of $1,500. Consumers feel obligated to pay the fee because the lease buyout is still cheaper than buying a similar used vehicle.
I had proposed that this price gouging may be a good opportunity for a class action lawsuit, and I encouraged law firms to reach out to me. I'm happy to report that Davis & Norris, a law firm specializing in Consumer Protection is interested in pursuing this class action lawsuit.
But we need your help! Davis & Norris is requesting lease documents and buyout statements from consumers who have been affected by this type of price gouging. If you've been a victim of this fee or know someone who has, please get in touch with Scott Connally via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (205) 574-8727.
This inspection fee is a frustrating issue for consumers and I would love to see this practice come to an end.
If You've Been a Victim of Lease Inspection Fee Price Gouging
Send any documents you have related to your lease and lease buyout
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Apr 27, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Apr 27, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Apr 20, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Apr 20, 2023
- Which Cars Better to Lease or Buy Apr 20, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Apr 20, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Apr 06, 2023