Fastest and Slowest Selling Models
The dog days of August took their toll on the movers and losers list, though only slightly.
The average number of days it took to sell a new car was 57.8, up from 56 in July.
That's far better than the 82 days it took in August 2009.
Honda's new CR-Z hybrid topped the Fastest Seller list, while the 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback took a whopping 207 days to sell, making it a good pick for consumers looking for deals on slow-selling models.
Take a look at the following lists to see which cars may be offering the best deals and which ones you'll want to avoid unless you don't mind paying a premium.
Fastest Selling Models August 2010
- 2011 Honda CR-Z: 5 days
- 2011 Chevy Equinox: 6 days
- 2011 Ford Fusion: 6 days
- 2011 GMC Terrain: 6 days
- 2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport: 7 days
- 2011 Infiniti QX56: 8 days
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz C300: 8 days
- 2011 Toyota Tacoma: 8 days
- 2011 Audi A5 coupe: 9 days
- 2011 Cadillac SRX: 9 days
- 2011 Ford Escape: 9 days
- 2011 VW Jetta SportWagen: 9 days
Slowest Selling Models August 2010
- 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback: 207 days
- 2010 Scion xD: 189 days
- 2010 Suzuki SX4 Sportback: 188 days
- 2010 Ford Transit Connect: 161 days
- 2010 Mazda RX-8: 152 days
- 2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid: 145 days
- 2010 Lexus HS 250h: 129 days
- 2010 Mazda MX-5: 117 days
- 2010 Kia Optima: 107 days
- 2010 Acura RL: 106 days
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar and Edmunds are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips RSS Feed