Toyota Offering $1,000 Twitter Incentive
December 15, 2011
If you're planning on buying a Toyota between now and January 3, 2012, read the following very carefully because we're going to show you how to get an additional $1,000 cash back.
Toyota is offering a special "Twitter Incentive" called Shareathon. If you buy a Toyota vehicle and tweet about it on your Twitter account, they will send you a $500 prepaid debit card.
For every friend who retweets the message within 48 hours, Toyota will add $50 to the card. There is a limit of 10 retweets allowed which would bring the total on the debit card to $1,000.
This is free cash folks! It doesn't matter what kind of deal you negotiated or what kind of incentives you already received on the vehicle - the Shareathon debit card is on top of all that.
Here are the steps you need to take to get the extra money:
- You must first register online at Toyota.com/shareaton by December 21st.
- Only the first 140 people who register each day starting at 11 AM EST will qualify. If there are no spots left today, try again the next day (but keep in mind December 21 is the last day you can register - set a reminder for 11 AM)
- Next, you must purchase a Toyota by January 3, 2012
- Tweet about the purchase through the Toyota Shareaton site
- Ask your friends to retweet the message within 48 hours
There you have it, you just saved an additional $500 and possibly up to $1,000.
If you're not familiar with Twitter, don't worry - it's easy and free to use. Just visit Twitter.com to sign up.
Get My Free Weekly Advice on Car Buying
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
The #1 Tool for New Car Shoppers
is the quickest way to get a great deal on a new car. TrueCar provides pre-negotiated prices from local dealers, and the deals are usually fantastic. It should be the first step you take when negotiating car prices. You should follow that up with my checklist
to make sure you get the best possible deal.
- Gregg Fidan
About: Gregg Fidan
Gregg Fidan +
is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Recent Tips, News, & Incentives
March 6, 2014
February 27, 2014
February 20, 2014
February 13, 2014
February 6, 2014
January 30, 2014
January 23, 2014
January 16, 2014
January 9, 2014
January 2, 2014
December 26, 2013
December 19, 2013
December 12, 2013
Decebmer 5, 2013
November 28, 2013
I welcome your car buying questions. Email Me and I'll be glad to answer them!