Find the Best Car Deals Near You ⤵
Great Deals on Discontinued Cars
October 4, 2012Each year, a few models get discontinued, usually due to poor sales or a change in the model lineup.
This week, Cars.com gathered a list of 7 discontinued models still available on dealer lots with large discounts, plus two that are soon to see big changes in the coming model years (the Chevrolet Impala and Jeep Liberty).
If you're a frugal car shopper, you have the opportunity to get great deals on these models. But keep in mind, discontinued models tend to have lower resale value, so only consider buying if you will keep the vehicle for at least 6 years.
In order to maximize your savings, use the
|Vehicle||Cash Back||Cash Back Alternative||Lease Deal|
|2012 Mitsubishi Galant||$3,500||0% for 60 months|
|2012 Kia Sedona||$3,500||$2,500 PLUS 1.9% for 60 mos|
|2012 Chevrolet Impala||$3,500||0% for 72 months|
|2012 Jeep Liberty||$3,000||0% for 60 months||$329 for 39 months, $0 due at signing|
|2012 Hyundai Veracruz||$2,500||$1,000 PLUS 1.9% for 60 mos||$299 for 36 months, $3,199 due at signing|
|2012 Chevrolet Avalanche||$2,000||3.9% for 72 months|
|2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse||$1,000||0% for 48 months|
|2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring||$500||1.9% for 60 months||$199 for 36 months, $2,199 due at signing|
|2012 Infiniti G25||$289 for 24 months, $2,499 due at signing|
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Select Vehicle to Get Local Pricing
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Signup for The Weekly Newsletter
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals Mar 16, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory Mar 16, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars Mar 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs Mar 16, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals March 2023 Mar 09, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs Mar 09, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Mar 02, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Mar 02, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category Feb 23, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs Feb 23, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Feb 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks Feb 09, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now Feb 02, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Feb 02, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Feb 02, 2023
I welcome your car buying questions. Email Me and I'll be glad to answer them!