Find the Best Car Deals Near You ⤵
10 New Cars You Should Avoid Buying
December 6, 2012Dodge, Jeep and Nissan are just a few of the manufacturers that have made it on a list of new cars to stay away from, according to a recent article on Forbes.com.
Cars such as the Dodge Journey, Jeep Wrangler, and Nissan Versa Hatchback are included on a list of 10 cars that were picked due to such things as below-par handling and performance, low marks for quality and reliability, and low crash testing ratings. Forbes used sources such as Consumer Reports, J.D. Power and Associates, the Highway Loss Data Institute, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to compile the results.
Below are the 10 cars Forbes.com suggests you avoid, along with a few of the reasons why.
|Vehicle to Avoid||Why?|
|Dodge Journey||Base powertrain lacking, low marks for reliability and satisfaction|
|Jeep Compass/Jeep Patriot||Below-par performance, marginal side-impact performance|
|Jeep Wrangler||Clumsy handling, uncomfortable interior, hard to get in and out of, marginal crash performances|
|Nissan Versa Hatchback||Below average quality, design/performance and reliability|
|Nissan Xterra||Uncomfortable ride, low marks for quality and design/performance|
|Smart ForTwo||Impractical, underpowered, requires premium-grade fuel|
|Suzuki Grand Vitara||Below-par performance and handling, low marks for quality and reliability|
|Suzuki Kizashi||Low marks for quality and reliability|
|Suzuki SX4||Slow acceleration, noisy cabin, uncomfortable ride, cramped interior, unimpressive fuel economy|
|Volvo XC90||Below-par handling, higher than average ownership costs, below average reliability|
Signup for The Weekly Newsletter
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Apr 27, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Apr 27, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Apr 20, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Apr 20, 2023
- Which Cars Better to Lease or Buy Apr 20, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Apr 20, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Apr 06, 2023
I welcome your car buying questions. Email Me and I'll be glad to answer them!