Most Annoying New Car Features
If it's been a few years since you last purchased a new car, you may find that some of the latest technology and safety features are actually pretty annoying.
A lot of them sound cool, but when you have to interact with some of this stuff day in and day out, they just become annoying.
Forbes this week ranked the four most annoying features found on new cars, here's a quick summary:
- Auto Stop-Start - when the vehicle automatically turns off the engine at full stops, and starts back up as soon as you hit the gas pedal. Stop-and-go traffic quickly becomes annoying
- Lane Departure Warning - poor weather, ill-marked roads, and other common situations often trigger the warning mistakingly. Most people end up turning off this feature
- Lane Departure Intervention - even more annoying when the vehicle automatically brakes or steers during false lane departures
- Touchscreen Infotainment Systems - difficult to locate buttons, not very user friendly in a lot of brands
My Recommendation for Car ShoppersTrueCar No-Haggle, CarsDirect, and NADAGuides are the quickest way to see the lowest car prices in your area. These sites show you no-haggle prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually really good. This should be the first step you take when negotiating your car price. Follow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid