Find the Best Car Deals Near You ⤵
Most Annoying New Car Features
February 9, 2017
If it's been a few years since you last purchased a new car, you may find that some of the latest technology and safety features are actually pretty annoying.
A lot of them sound cool, but when you have to interact with some of this stuff day in and day out, they just become annoying.
Forbes this week ranked the four most annoying features found on new cars, here's a quick summary:
- Auto Stop-Start - when the vehicle automatically turns off the engine at full stops, and starts back up as soon as you hit the gas pedal. Stop-and-go traffic quickly becomes annoying
- Lane Departure Warning - poor weather, ill-marked roads, and other common situations often trigger the warning mistakingly. Most people end up turning off this feature
- Lane Departure Intervention - even more annoying when the vehicle automatically brakes or steers during false lane departures
- Touchscreen Infotainment Systems - difficult to locate buttons, not very user friendly in a lot of brands
As always, I recommend using TrueCar No Haggle and CarsDirect to see the lowest prices your local dealers are willing to offer.
Signup for The Weekly Newsletter
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Apr 27, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Apr 27, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Apr 20, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Apr 20, 2023
- Which Cars Better to Lease or Buy Apr 20, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Apr 20, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Apr 06, 2023
I welcome your car buying questions. Email Me and I'll be glad to answer them!