Hold Off Buying a 2010 Toyota Prius
Demand for the 2010 Prius is going to be extremely high while supplies are going to be very limited. This ensures you will NOT get a good deal on this car (at least for the first 6-12 months). To make matters worse, demand in Japan has been so high, Toyota will be limiting the number of deliveries to the US. Toyota had 80,000 advance orders for the car in Japan before debuting May 18th. Their original goal was to sell 100,000 cars for the entire year! Japanese buyers ordering today will have to wait 4 months for delivery.
Toyota will be working overtime to produce as many of these cars as they can. As is usually the case, the first models to roll off the assembly line tend to suffer more quality problems as engineers work out the kinks in the assembly process. This is another reason you will want to hold off buying right away.
So how long should you wait? It depends on how quickly Toyota can meet demand, but we recommend holding off your purchase until at least the end of the year.
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars for 2023 Jun 01, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Jun 01, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Jun 01, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Jun 01, 2023
- Best Memorial Day Car Deals May 25, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category May 25, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now May 25, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs May 25, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals May 18, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates May 18, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs May 18, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy May 18, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals May 11, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory May 11, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks May 11, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals May 2023 May 04, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars May 04, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs May 04, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates May 04, 2023