The Fastest and Slowest Selling Cars on the Market
The quicker a car moves off the lot, the less negotiating room you have with the dealer. Slow moving cars tend to sell at a much deeper discount.
This month's biggest mover: the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The redesigned Grand Cherokee is selling quickly, with just nine days on lots (a positive sign that Chrysler is getting back on track.)
The Ford Fiesta also sold quickly, but more so in hatchback configurations. The new Buick Regal just made the list, selling in just over two weeks.
The average number of days it took to sell a new 2010 or 2011 ticked up one day from 55 in June to 56 in July.
May's average was 50 days.
On the Losers list, the slow-selling Cadillac CTS SportWagon and the soon-to-be-deceased Mercury Milan Hybrid.
July Movers (Little Negotiating Room)
- 2011 Audi Q5: 8 days
- 2011 Ford Fiesta hatchback: 8 days
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK 350: 8 days
- 2011 Audi A4: 9 days
- 2011 Ford Fiesta sedan: 9 days
- 2011 Hyundai Tucson: 9 days
- 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee: 9 days
- 2011 Buick LaCrosse: 11 days
- 2011 BMW 535i: 12 days
- 2011 Chevrolet Malibu: 12 days
- 2011 Chevrolet Traverse: 12 days
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne: 12 days
- 2011 Subaru Legacy: 12 days
- 2011 BMW X5: 13 days
- 2011 Chevrolet Camaro: 13 days
- 2011 GMC Acadia: 13 days
- 2011 Subaru Outback: 13 days
- 2010 GMC Terrain: 14 days
- 2010 Chevrolet Equinox: 15 days
- 2011 Buick Regal: 15 days
July Losers (Deeply Discounted)
- 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback: 207 days
- 2010 Scion xD: 150 days
- 2010 Ford Transit Connect: 136 days
- 2010 Mazda RX-8: 130 days
- 2010 Jeep Commander: 124 days
- 2010 Cadillac CTS SportWagon: 119 days
- 2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid: 108 days
- 2010 Mitsubishi Galant: 107 days
- 2010 Kia Optima: 106 days
- 2010 Toyota Yaris sedan: 104 days
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals Mar 16, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory Mar 16, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars Mar 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs Mar 16, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals March 2023 Mar 09, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs Mar 09, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Mar 02, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Mar 02, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category Feb 23, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs Feb 23, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Feb 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks Feb 09, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now Feb 02, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Feb 02, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Feb 02, 2023