Find the Best Car Deals Near You ⤵
Top 10 Best Deals on Leftover 2011 Models
October 13, 2011With the model year changeover in full effect, if you're serious about getting a good deal, now is the time to start looking.
The experts at CarDirect.com have put together a list of their top 10 choices based on a combination of price and value.
The list includes vehicles from BMW, Chevy, Ford, Honda, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz and two each from Jeep and Toyota.
These are all leftover 2011 models, which means the deals will be gone as soon as dealers can get rid of these models. Among them are five passenger cars, four SUVs and a minivan.
- 2011 BMW 3-Series
With a redesigned 2012 expected soon, there is an average 13% off MSRP on the current 2011 edition.
- 2011 Chevrolet Malibu
With discounts of $4,000 below MSRP, this is among the most affordable family sedans.
- 2011 Ford Flex
The 2012 model is already on the lot so old iron needs discounts to move it on out.
- 2011 Honda Pilot
Redesigned 2012s are already here so prices are slashed on remaining 2011 stock.
- 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Almost sold out and the 2012 model is here, but the 2011s are about 10% cheaper.
- 2011 Jeep Liberty
Look for discounts of about $4,000 below MSRP.
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
A redesigned 2012 will be here soon and there are too many 2011 models still on the lot.
- 2011 Nissan Altima
Both model years are available, while Nissan is putting out incentives to reach sales goals.
- 2011 Toyota Camry
The redesigned 2012 is here, but there remains an ample supply of leftover models.
- 2011 Toyota Sienna
With a recent redesign, there are plenty on hand that should soon gain incentives as the 2012 models arrive.
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Select Vehicle to Get Local Pricing
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Signup for The Weekly Newsletter
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals Mar 16, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory Mar 16, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars Mar 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs Mar 16, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals March 2023 Mar 09, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs Mar 09, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Mar 02, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Mar 02, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category Feb 23, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs Feb 23, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Feb 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks Feb 09, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now Feb 02, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Feb 02, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Feb 02, 2023
I welcome your car buying questions. Email Me and I'll be glad to answer them!