Top 5 Best-Selling Family Sedans
There's no better way to judge this than by looking at the actual sales numbers.
This week, we take a look at the top 5 best selling family sedans from last month. If you're shopping this segment, you should take the time to test drive all 5 of these vehicles.
The most recent addition to this exclusive club is the Hyundai Sonata. The only other noteworthy position is the Honda Accord which is no longer either first nor even a close second, but is fighting to stay ahead of its Korean-brand rival.
As the largest single segment in America by sales volume, this is one hotly contested arena. Just about every brand has an entry and this is almost always where each manufacturer has its best selling passenger car.
1. With 24,851 units, Toyota's Camry has the top spot, mainly due to sales of their redesigned 2012 model.
2. Barely edged out by less than 2%, the Nissan Altima's 24,356 sales were accomplished without the help of any significant new model changes, a noteworthy feat.
3. Our first and only domestic-brand model on the list comes in the form of the Ford Fusion with 19,510 sales.
4. Suffering a sales decline of 13.8% from last year, the Honda Accord moves down two places with its 18,639 units.
5. While the Hyundai Sonata made a strong showing with 18,639 units sold, it shares a platform with the Kia Optima which had more than six thousands sales of its own.
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid