The Hardest Cars to Negotiate Right Now
But since most of them have just arrived, the demand outstrips supply by a good margin.
This will change over the next several months, but for those who need a car right now, it's difficult to negotiate a good deal.
For cars that are in highest demand, many dealers are finding eager customers willing to pay over MSRP.
As if that's not bad enough, it can also be hard to find models to choose from. You're likely going to have to settle for colors and options that may not be your first choice.
Right now, the hardest car to negotiate is the Hyundai Veloster - a model that was just released this month. Good luck finding one on dealer lots as most have already been pre-sold.
The smart thing to do is hold off buying any one of these models until next year, potentially saving you thousands of dollars.
If on the other hand, you're able to negotiate a great deal on one, we'd love to hear about it and let our readers know.
Top 20 Hardest Cars to Negotiate Right Now
- 2012 Hyundai Veloster
- 2012 Toyota Camry
- 2012 Subaru Outback
- 2012 Toyota Tacoma
- 2012 Honda Odyssey
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350
- 2012 Toyota Sienna
- 2012 Honda Pilot
- 2012 Hyundai Elantra
- 2012 Kia Soul
- 2012 Lexus RX 350
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz C250
- 2012 Mini Countryman
- 2012 Scion tC
- 2012 Nissan Versa
- 2012 Honda Accord
- 2012 Honda Fit
- 2012 Hyundai Accent
- 2012 Mini Cooper hatchback
- 2012 Volkswagen Passat
If you'd like to see what kind of prices dealers are offering on these vehicles, Click Here to see real-time pricing in your local area without having to step foot in a dealership.
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
Latest Weekly Car Buying Tips
- Top 100 Cheapest Lease Deals Mar 16, 2023
- New Cars with the Most Available Inventory Mar 16, 2023
- Biggest Discounts on New Cars Mar 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Large SUVs Mar 16, 2023
- Best Bang for Your Buck Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best Electric, Hybrid Lease Deals Mar 09, 2023
- Best 0% Finance Deals March 2023 Mar 09, 2023
- Price Comparison of Subcompact SUVs Mar 09, 2023
- Top 100 Cheapest New Cars Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals Around the Country Mar 02, 2023
- Real Prices of New Compact SUVs Mar 02, 2023
- New Cars You Should Wait to Buy Mar 02, 2023
- Best Car Deals by Category Feb 23, 2023
- Cars With the Largest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize SUVs Feb 23, 2023
- Lease Deals with Loyalty & Conquest Rebates Feb 23, 2023
- Real Prices of Midsize Cars Feb 16, 2023
- Real Prices of Pickup Trucks Feb 09, 2023
- Worst Cars to Lease Right Now Feb 02, 2023
- Real Prices of Compact Cars Feb 02, 2023
- Cheapest Luxury Lease Deals Feb 02, 2023