Find the Best Car Deals Near You ⤵
List of Major Recalls Over the Past Month
April 4, 2013Staying on top of manufacturer recalls can sometimes be difficult, so this week I've compiled some of the most recent recalls you should know about. Most of these were announced last month, so check and see if your current vehicle is among the batch.
- Subaru is recalling certain model-year 2008-2009 Outback wagons and Legacy sedans due to a problem with the brake lines that could cause corrosion.
- Ford is facing a class-action lawsuit by consumers in 14 statse over unintended acceleration in cars built between 2002-2010.
- Ford is recalling about 3,000 2012 Taurus and 2012 Lincoln MKS sedans and 2013 Ford Explorer SUVs due to leaky fuel tanks.
- Nissan is recalling about 2,100 2013 versions of the Titan pickup truck and NV commercial van due to a problem with the transmission shift lever.
- Nissan is recalling almost 19,000 2012 and 2013 NV commercial vans due to a problem with the transmission lever.
- Honda is recalling over 76,000 2004-2008 versions of the Acura TSX compact sedan due to electrical problems.
- Volvo is recalling seven 2013 S60 sedans and XC60 crossovers due to identification labels with an incorrect manufacture year.
- General Motors is recalling over 26,500 2013 versions of the Buick LaCrosse sedan and Cadillac SRX crossover due to a transmission problem.
3 Steps Every Car Buyer Needs to Take to Save Maximum MoneyThe key to getting the best deal is to gather price or lease bids from as many local dealers as possible. Then shop that best price around until no one can beat it. Here are the steps:
Step 1 Get Prices From My Trusted NetworkSelect the vehicle you're interested in to see if there are local dealers in my network who will provide you with their best upfront price. You will get direct access to an internet sales manager who you can further negotiate with online (no need to visit dealership).
Select Vehicle to Get Local Pricing
Step 2 Get Prices From TrueCar / CarsDirectTrueCar, and CarsDirect are my top 2 online price quote recommendations. These services show you pre-negotiated prices from dealers closest to you - and the deals are usually pretty decent. But remember, you can still negotiate further.
Step 3 Complete my ChecklistFollow this up with my checklist to make sure you squeeze out every last bit of savings.
- Gregg Fidan
Signup for The Weekly Newsletter
Each week, I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest car deals and news that might affect your purchase. This includes...
- Best Rebates, Incentives, and Lease Deals
- Latest Car Buying Scams and Tricks
- The Best & Worst Time to Buy a Car
- Which Cars You Should Avoid
About The AuthorGregg Fidan is the founder of RealCarTips. After being ripped off on his first car purchase, he devoted several years to figuring out the best ways to avoid scams and negotiate the best car deals. He has written hundreds of articles on the subject of car buying and taught thousands of car shoppers how to get the best deals.
I welcome your car buying questions. Email Me and I'll be glad to answer them!